We provide services from toddlers to seniors in all areas of communication, including swallowing. We will use a variety of standardized and informal tests to best assess the difficulties first, and then work with you to form your therapy goals. You are a very important part of this process because we want to address your needs and goals individually rather than making recommendations that might not suit your needs.
Our clinicians are actively involved in continuing education efforts as well as working towards additional certifications. We integrate principles from Hanen, Lidcombe, LSVT, CASANA, constraint induced therapy, neuroplasticity models, motor learning, and total communication to achieve better outcomes during therapy.
We will take great care to communicate and collaborate with other speech-language pathologists from private and public sectors such as hospitals, rehab facilities, ErinoakKids, school boards, and even CCAC in order to maintain consistency in therapy goals.
We can address the following:
- Speech or articulation difficulties
- Delay in language development
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Voice therapy, including for those with Parkinson’s Disease
- Communication difficulties after stroke or head injury – Aphasia
- Motor speech including Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
- Swallowing difficulties